Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nailed it!

So I found this great recipe on pinterest and decided to make it for my neighbors birthday last Friday night.  Now I think of myself as a decent baker/ creative person..... all I have to say is I NAILED IT!

Pinterest Recipe:

 NAILED IT!

It was actually a tastey cake, but somehow layered cakes never work out for me.  I flipped over my first one and the middle of the cake stayed in the pan.  I smushed it together and decided it would be the bottom.  I waited forever to flip over the second one and it broke into 8 sections- guess that one became the bottom :)

Here is the recipe if you want to try it

Chocolate Oreo Cake
1½ hours | 20 min prep
SERVES 16 (they must mean mice cause it would not feed 16 adults)
  1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F Prepare and bake cake mix in two (9-inch) round cake pans as directed on package. Cool in pans 5 minute Invert onto wire racks; remove pans. Cool layers completely.
  2. PLACE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minute
  3. BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the whipped topping and cookie crumbs; mix lightly. Place 1 of the cake layers, top-side down, on serving plate; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment