Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Pains of High School Love

During some rare cleaning today I took out my recycling items to discover some hidden treasures in my recycle bin.  See, earlier this week we neglected to put out our trash cans at the proper time.  I put out the "trash" trash can before the man came, but the recycyling was too late.  When Dan got home, he put it out in a moment of sleep deprivation.  It remained out on the curb for two extra days before we hauled it in with all its contents, and a few new ones.  Inside my recycle bin were the remnants of old high school love: a box filled with pictures, cards, and deflated Valentine's Day balloons from our neighbor boy down the street.  Being the scavenger that I am, I dumped the pictures, but kept the frame and basket.  Katie has already claimed it as her own.

In his own sweet words to his now old flame, my neighbor professing his love:

It's the way you say I love you
and the way you hold my hand
There's just so much about you I 
completely understand.

It's the twinkle in your eye that
I only see when you look at me.

It's the warmness of your hands
it sends a shock straight to my feet

It's how you always amaze me, you surprise
me all day long.

This I know is true
Baby, I'm in love with you.


(Well I guess not anymore.  Sorry dude, but if you throw it in my trashcan I can publish it to the world!)

1 comment: