Thursday, November 26, 2015

DIY Envelope Liners for Christmas Cards from Scrap Wrap

When I was making my Christmas cards this year, Shutterfly had beautiful colorful envelopes to choose from and liners.  Before I knew if I had picked gold envelopes with a beautiful print liner.  I failed to see the part that the envelopes were 24 cents extra a piece and the liners were another 69 cents each!  ouch  Since I get 50 cards thats an extra $46.60 just for something that is immediately going to be thrown away..... I know that all people truly cherish the cards themselves.... or so I tell myself that, but the envelope..... well now we are stretching it.  I splurged and got the envelopes and skipped the liners.  By the time my cards came in the mail I had already been happily wrapping presents and had that strip of extra paper along the top.  That go me thinking.  I measured a bit against my envelope, trimmed a little, added some school glue and voila!  Finally a chance to use that extra wrapping paper that is only really good for gift cards. 




To make these just cut your wrapping paper a little shorter than your envelope.  As long as you can cover the top of the fold (under where you lick) to whatever you can see you are good.  I trimmed mine down diagonally a bit but I don't think you need too.  Some are longer into the envelope, but who cares.  I added a little glue to the top part so they don't fall out.  I did this while watching reruns of the Tudors.  Mindless work and at least I am using my scraps.  

If you have a paper shredded you can also shred the scraps and use them in gift bags instead of tissue paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment