Saturday, April 5, 2014

Easy Crockpot Roast

Dan bought me a crockpot to use while I am in Virginia. Last week I bought a roast to cook up, but since we have been sick all week it sat in the refrigerator.  Yesterday I finally decided I needed to cook it up or it might go bad.  I love this recipe.  So easy and delicious.  With Dan being gone to school the past few months I have learned to make a lot of stuff using the crockpot since the kids are both happy in the morning.



Ingredients:

1- 4 to 5 pound beef roast any kind. Chuck is best!
1 packet dry Italian Dressing
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing
1-2 packets brown gravy mix

 3-4 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped up
4 carrots, peeled and chopped in 2 inch rounds
1 cup water
 

Some people say to rinse and dry the roast first.  I always skip this step.  I'm not sure it makes anything taste better, but it definitely increases your chances of putting dangerous bacteria all over your kitchen.  Instead I just dump the roast right into the crockpot and go.  Mix up your seasoning packets in one cup of water, until well blended. Peel and quarter your potatoes and carrots.  Place the roast on the bottom of the crockpot. Pour the seasonings with water over the roast. Place the veggies  on top of the roast. Cover and cook in the crockpot on low for about 6 hours. 

(Using my new crockpot, which apparently does not really have a low feature, it only took about 3 hours.  oops!)

 Having a house full of sickies though I was the only one who ate yesterday anyways.  Today Dan and Katie both loved it though.  Nothing like an extra day to marinate in yummy goodness.  Now to get everyone healthy again.  Katie wanted to go and do something so we were going to take her on a hike and have her ride in the stroller (just to get her outside)  We got all ready to go and then she said she wanted to go back to bed.  Poor sweet girl.  You know your kid is sick when they would rather stay in bed than go and look for salamanders.  :(  Maybe after a nap she will be ready for a stroller ride.  I'm not sure how much longer I can stay inside.  Wish we would have had these sicknesses last weekend when the weather was so miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment