Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Last Virginia Snowday of 2014?

First off, to clarify, it wasn't actually a snow day in the sense that people got time off work.  Business as usual for normal people, but for a California family the snow was a blast. Katie put on layer after layer with her borrowed snowsuit on top.  Levi was horrified with everything I put on him and then even more horrified that I didnt put enough on him once we were outside.

First she had to try sitting in the snow

Then catching it.  Too bad they didn't have any real gloves for sale here.
 Playing in the snow was pretty fun. Strangely enough for me it didn't feel that bad, even though it was snowing.  I guess I did have on a thousand pieces of clothing and some very sweet Burberry earmuffs that I only get to wear once in a blue moon.  

Katie decided to walk up this hill

A ways up the hill
 Poor kid had on cotton mittens. I kept trying to dry them off and warm them up in my pockets.  I think the novelty of the snow was enough to keep her going.


This was her house :)  If you know Katie, she has a lot of houses
My sweet little cub was not too sure about the whole cold/ snow thing
 Dan was supposed to spend the whole day at the range and then hike out to a location for a live fire drill the next day.  Guess his instructors didn't want to sleep in the snow because they let them out early.  Katie was thrilled to get to go out in the snow again.  I was thrilled to have a free dryer at the hotel to get her stuff all ready to go again.  So Katie and Daddy did what they love to do in the snow- built a snowgirl.  Her name was Charlie.

Katie and her snow girl

They even found hair for their stylish snow girl

What's a snow girl that can't hold up a real girl?
 A little sledless sledding was also on the schedule!  Dan says he enjoyed this as a child.  It looked like fun, but made them both super cold, wet, and muddy.  Oh well, that's the fun of one snowy day a year that you have to fly to visit


WEEEEEEEE!


We'll see what adventure tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment