Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Arches!



We left early this morning for our longest drive of the trip- over 7 hours.  We drove through all of Colorado. I have no idea why we didn’t stop here- it was beautiful.  My only thought was that by this point of the trip planning I was over it.  We finally made it to Arches and decided to go exploring before we set up out tent.  It was late afternoon (5ish) and still 98 degrees. Quite a change from 28 at Yellowstone.   We started at Balance Rock.




making silly faces

Katie and Daddy balancing rocks too



Then we headed over to the Windows sections for another little hike.  North Window, South Window, and Turret Arch


The SouthWindow

These Arches are huge

see Katie and me under the arch next to the tree?


Dan and Katie

The North Window

Dan and Katie are under there somewhere


The Turret Arch


both Windows



After that we walked a short ways to the double arch.  I was hurting by this point, but it looked cool and I figured I might not be there again anytime soon.  

The Double Arch





No comments:

Post a Comment