Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

This morning started with a little more screaming and after a quick run to Target to get some acceptable tasting pain medication (and wine) things were going much more smoothly.  My Mom stayed the night so I was able to make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  Both kids loved them.  I figure a few mini chocolate chips probably have as much sugar as the syrup that Katie dunks her pancakes in and they are sooo yummy!

Yesterday before our ER debacle I had started working on my Christmas lights out front.  It is only a little over a week until Thanksgiving and thankfully I have lots of family coming into town to hopefully hang out with all weekend, so I want this done early.  Before we went to bed last night my Mom and I put up some stuff until we blew a fuse.  Dan had some ideas for me to fix it and luckily one worked.  Today I got to add on and on.  I was having a lot of fun.  Every year we wrap the tree in front of our house and I wanted to do it this year too.  Dan usually climbs way up into the tree and makes it looks beautiful.  I was a little nervous to do that given our recent luck so I only wrapped a little but it still looks okay.  I am not quite done but happy with what is up so far.  (it's not on yet, just in place)


Levi came out and my Mom said that it was pretty and he kept saying, "pretty" over and over again :)

We even decorated their garden.  I hope it will keep it warm


My Mom stayed for dinner and I made a new shrimp fried rice recipe.  So good.  I wanted to eat it all :)  My Mom is good at portion control and it rubbed off tonight on me too.  Good peer pressure :)  The is only minor grumbling upstairs in the Katie-Levi co-sleeping bed so all good things today.  I hope they both actually do go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a much better day today. The house looks great. I guess you're right that wrapping the tree tighter is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete