Saturday, November 15, 2014

The days are long, but the years are short

We had a good morning.  My mom came over and we traced the kids with chalk.  I went to Lowes and got a few flowers to plant on the hill in front of our yard and we played a lot of My Little Ponies.  

Levi's chalk body

looks just like him

now it is time to trace grandma

get grandma

i should save her but it is kind of funny :)


After Levi's nap we went outside to try to burn as much time as possible before complete darkness set in.  We noticed that our neighbor's garage door was open and walked down to hang out for a bit.  They were putting up their Christmas lights and turned them on for a while.  The kids all ran around and had fun.  Katie spun until she fell over (don't tell the doc- I'm sure that's not okay) and rolled down the hill.  Levi marveled at all of the lights.  By the time we got home Katie was crying because she was itchy, her arm hurt, and her burnt finger hurt.  The only tylonel I had was the icky stuff she doesnt like. She had to down it quickly and then drink some milk.  Then Levi wacked her in the mouth with a wooden spoon.  that really helped her demeanor.  I heated up some leftovers and tried to convince the kids to eat.  Katie had to go potty and cried because she didn't think she could get her pants off fast enough with one hand :( :(  :(  She is so frustrated.  Neither kid really wanted to eat anything.  I even gave them applesauce for dessert and they still didnt want anything.

Then we played playdough dresses for barbies.  Katie usually loves this game but she was so frustrated that she could do anything with one hand.  She couldn't roll the playdough or pull it out of the cookie cutters or even open the package.  She was so sad.  I tried to help her do it but I was also trying to keep Levi from eating it all.  She finally decided it was too hard and we played a little. 


trying to work the cookie cutters

stamping play dough


 I was going to open a book that Dan had read when he got online and tried to talk to her.  She didn't want to talk and just cried a little.  It was horrible.  She is having such  a hard time with not being able to do anything and missing Daddy.  Ugh. I hate it.  I don't know what to do for her.  By that time everything was going wrong for her.  It tried to get them to the bath.  She didnt want to trashbag over her cast because it smelled funny- she didnt want to stool to rest on- her legs were itchy- snow white fell in the water- she wasnt done in the bath- sleepy elles cast was uncomfortable to cuddle with- she was cold- she didnt want to sleep with levi because he was too crazy- she didnt want to sleep in her room because she would be lonely.....


 I feel very overwhelmed.  I just want to get through the days but what a terrible way to live.  By the time Dan gets home, Katie will be almost 4 1/2 and Levi will be 19 months old.  And they plan to do this again in 2016. Tomorrow I am going to try to take the kids to Sunday School.  It starts exactly when Levi expects to take his morning nap and he cries if I leave him :(  Maybe I will put up my Christmas tree or something.  Seems like lights tend to make everything seem more merry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment