Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Magic of Elfie



After Levi's morning nap I got him all cute and ready for the football game but we had a few hours to kill and he was getting restless and was dying to go outside.  Literally, he was leaning against the door looking out making little noises.  I had to let the kid outside.  He happily scampered around with Katie while I picked up all of the leftover beads from the Kid's Christmas Party and moved the hammock back.


Look at all these cute, happy kids.  We had 13 of them

I wasn't sure what Levi could do, but he loved every minute of it
   
Levi's adorable ornament
Anyways, while I am busily cleaning up and trying to remove all of the remaining chocking hazards from the patio, Levi was busy getting into his own brand of mischief.  I turned around to find this.



Turns out the recent rain left a lot of water in the blue water jug that Levi likes to stash his dirt in.  Dirt + water + ashes that Daddy left under the grill made for quite a mess.  I let him play in the mud for quite a while.  I figured I would have to clean it up anyways.  Katie stayed neat and tidy the whole time and just watched the mess




Yesterday an Elf came to live at our house.  I mentioned the idea to Katie and she seemed a little indifferent to it so I figure she had forgotton about it.  But on Friday I heard her telling Levi that an elf would be arriving any day and that he would be watching them for Santa.  It was time for amazon prime to the rescue.  The elf arrived on Saturday.  How is that even possible?  I got the box after they went to bed and created a small welcome for our elf




He is a sweet, soft little elf that doesn't mind playing in the morning and evening with the kids.  During the day he sits on the fireplace mantle to watch them.  Their job today was to name him.  He became Elfie the Elf.

After reminding Elfie of three good things that she did today and one good thing that Levi did, both kids wanted to dance with Elfie before bed.  It was so sweet.  Levi absolutely loves him.  He actually saw him first this morning and was cooing at him (or all the bows).

get back here so I can take your picture

happy dancing Katie

give me the elf!

 Tonight I was feeling frisky so the elf had some fun making paper snowflakes and bringing snow to Escondido.  I wanted to take a good picture, but I certainly didn't want to wake anyone up.  Maybe tomorrow morning I can get a good one.

making the snowflakes

Elfie left a note that he and Santa thought their rooms were too messy and needed to be cleaned.  Let's find out how much power Elfie really has.  He also doesn't arrive until 7am

Elfie's snowflakes
 After drinking a little wine and eating a few too many cookies from the cookie exchange I need some exercise!  Man, my friends make good cookies.

4 comments:

  1. this is so sweet Bonnie. I love all your stories and the great pics that go with it. You are such a fun Mommy - I love that you let your kids get dirty and experience so many fun and interesting things. the snowflakes are darling and I love how you hung them up. Katie and Levi are lucky little kids.
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope I don't get tangled in them when I retrieve Levi during the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, you are amazing. You are so great with the kids. So thoughtful to let Levi play in the dirt since he needed to be cleaned either way. The party looked like a lot of fun and Levi's ornament is very cute. I really like that picture. Maybe you should make one for Katie and one for you and I can keep them at work through Christmas. The snowflakes were a great idea. The kids will love it.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to do Christmas with kids with you

    ReplyDelete