Monday, December 1, 2014

Didn't realize that it was December....

You would think with my pre-thanksgiving Christmas decorating that I would be on top of things once December rolled around.  It wasn't until 20 minutes before bath time that I even realized that the magical month had arrived.  Time to rush out to the garage and try to find the Advent calender.  Ooops, last year I said that I would sew on the trim that I bought for it before this year.  Well, 11 months have passed and there is still no trim  I guess next year we may get it.  Oh well, it was still in one piece so we hung it up and Katie picked the first ornament.  

They started off so sweet

found one they liked


Levi was so fascinated by her examining each ornament that he decided he needed to do the same thing.  He found a few that he really liked and for 20 minutes he would sneak away stealing ornaments each time.  Sometimes he ate them, sometimes he hid them, and sometimes he tried to stuff them back in before I caught him.  

caught red handed! 
 
He tore the thing down over and over again and it would fall on his head covering him.  How much fun that was.  Poor calender is never going to make it this year.  Wonder if they will expect me to pack it up and bring it along.....

putting up day 1

she chose baby Jesus
We managed to make it to the grocery store for a mostly random trip.  Meat and vegetables.  Some how we will put them together and call them meals.  Katie and I watched Brave today.  I meant to have her watch it while I cleaned the house, but it was so cute that I wanted to see it too.  So the house never got cleaned.  I did get my dress today- holiday festive.  Gotta love Rent the Runway.  I don't think that I have purchased a single gift from an actual store this year- only my wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment