Thursday, December 4, 2014

You Better Not Pout!

Today was a strange day.  Levi slept until 8:45.  He usually takes his morning nap at 9..... Clearly that wasn't going to happen.  Around 9:45 he got grumpy so I tried putting him down.  That didn't work at all.  So we ran out to the dollar store and picked up some cute trays for people to use for the cookie party on Saturday.  They aren't dishwasher safe (which is a must in my house) but they were better than the paper plate alternative.  And I got some cute styles so people can pick their plates.  I picked my cookies recipe- Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies and thought of a couple of snacks.  I think I have everything together once I go to the grocery store.  Oh and I need some glue.  Not sure what kind of glue will work the best or how it will go to have 12 little kids making ornaments at my house but I'm sure we will all have fun :)

Our garden is growing wonderfully.  We do have some worm holes.  I have looked for worms but every time I do Levi rips out my flowers before I find any and I give up.  He likes to rip out the flowers and rip up entire plants- kind of like a puppy would (I imagine)  After he rips the plant out if I don't get there fast enough, he will rip apart the roots and tear off any flowers.   I am amazed that any of my flowers are still around since he has pulled every one of them out at some point.  Hardy little buggers.

our cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and purple kohlrabi

see my little holes?

Katie took one of us so we could be on the blog too



Before bed, Katie had a stern warning for Levi.  "Levi, you better not pout or cry or Santa won't bring you any presents."  She did have the desired effect.  I laid him in his bed and he was as still and stoic as can be.  No crying or pouting.  I guess even 14 month olds understand the importance of presents.

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys. The garden looks great. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete