Monday, August 17, 2015

Katie's Quiet Book - Weave It

I have started and not finished two pages for Katie's quiet book.  Today she wanted me to make her a weaving one.  This one was SOOOOO easy.  If you are going to make a quiet book for a slightly older kids, do this page.  I cut out 14 strips the short way of a piece of felt.  I didn't have enough new pieces so some were scraps the long way.  Were they all the same length? NO  Were they all the same width?  NO WAY  Were they even the same length across one piece?  NOPE  Does it matter for the weaving page?  NOT AT ALL  I lined them up, turned on my sewing maching and went straight across.  Then down.  EASY.  Some pinteresters put cut little "weave it" on their weaving pages.  I may do that sometime, but it really doesn't need it.  She loves the page and it took 10 minutes start to finish (max) with a 4 1/2 year old helping.


I thought it was interesting that my husband and I taught her how to weave differently.  Now if only I could photoshop the mess of my craft room out of this picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment