Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Busy Toddler Easy Stained Glass



While we were visiting Katie's new Pre-K the teachers were trying to clean out some stuff from their classrooms and had a free table.  On it was an older book called The Busy Toddler.  It looked like it pre-dated the iPad so I figured it would be perfect for our family.  We have been choosing activities from the book.  So far they have all used stuff we have around the house and are pretty easy, though some seem more geared towards my busy Pre-Ker.

The activity we choose was stained glass leaf art.  We took two pieces of equal sized wax paper, mine were t really equal but I cut them later. I sent Katie in the backyard to find some pretty leaves.  Then we mixed a little glue with some paint.  I added a tiny bit of water because the paint seemed thick.  This drove my daughter crazy since the paint had ain't holes in it.  After she got over it she painted both pieces of wax paper stuck the leaves on and smushed the papers together.  Then I cut off the uneven edges and hung it up in the window.  I thought the spaces caused by the water looked beautiful.  

My almost two year old was asleep during this craft so I'm not sure how he would have done with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment