Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hacienda Manteles Patate, Ecuador

We stayed at the most fabulous hotel in Patate.  We were nestled high in the Andes with fabulous views.  Our tour group of 15 were the only people there.  The manager used fresh ingredients from his garden to make our dinners.  He even made me a special tea to help with my stomach ache- it tasted kind of like spaghetti sauce.  Since I was not up for eating dinner they brought me soup and bread in my room.  It was delicious and I ate a whole two bites of it before going back to bed.  Dan took a tour of the gardens.  The manager said we could go back and stay there for $20 a night if we worked in his gardens for a few hours a day.

On the way to the hotel.  One of Ecuador's beautiful volcanoes- Tungurahua

A very interesting type of Eucalyptus tree

Dan and the doggies in the garden.  The hotel on 2,000 acres of land.  they harvested tree tomatoes which they turn into sauces and juices.

passion fruit

The main part of the hotel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment