Sunday, December 30, 2012

Party Favors: Cool Crayons

Just finishes making the most amazing party favors for Katie's 2nd Birthday Party this weekend.  I went to Michael's and bought 2 candy molds- flowers for the girls and sea creatures for the boys.  I also bought the 120 pack of crayons.  I used rinsed out soda cans and cut off the tops for my double broiler and sish-ca-bob sticks to stir.


I separated all of the crayons into piles of different colors.  I later learned that you can add 'filer' colors like white to blends that you need to stretch.  


 Then you have to peel the crayons.  I started with yellow and then made the color into more of an orange shade.  Turned out lovely.  I do wish I had used white with the yellow to get more yellow fish.  I took 4 or 5 crayons to get a fish.

 I put them in my soda can until the melted.  I stirred them with my little wooden stick.






I started making my beautiful fish and flowers


The blue things are little pieces of tape since I used sucker molds
 These are the finished product.  I love them and they fit perfectly into my plan of not giving Katie's party guests a bunch of junk in their gift bags




When I was getting low on crayons I starting adding extra filler colors that worked well.  I put black in a purple and blue mixture for an extra shark and used the golds and light browns to make a fish.  I hope the kiddos love these as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment