Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Devil's Cauldron

 After taking prilosec OTC, imodium, dramamine, and peptobismul I had to venture out of the bathroom and continue on my vacation.  Before it was time to go a huge thunder and lightening storm rolled in.  There was so much rain. All of the birds and butterflies ducked down into the canopy.  I thought that surely we would not be boarding metal canoes in a river during a lightening storm.  I guess I was wrong.  We boarded our canoes and left the hotel- there was a slight break in the action.  I sat at the front of the bus in case I needed to Alto Mas Pronto!   We drove to the town of Banos (fitting, I know) and the the Devil's Caldron Waterfall.  Not wanting to miss any of my vacation I joined the hike down there.  A bit of a mistake since I wasn't eating and was exhausted by the end.   

Every hike in Ecuador was beautiful

The mini version

We finally made it down there

Dan continued the hike and went under the waterfall

another view

No comments:

Post a Comment